There’s always something great happening within the walls of the Noyes Home, from community events to weekly activities for the children and teens who live here. Recently we have been opening our doors even wider to encourage the children and their families by showing them that the community does care about their future and is willing to help along the journey.
- Subscribe here to our E-newsletter here to learn more about the Noyes Home and how we help children.
- Read our blog for personal insights from The Noyes Home.
- Click below to read these recent news articles:
- The 2019 Sertoma Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk
- Fairway Management Service Day at Noyes Home for Children
- Monday Morning Coffee With The Noyes Home
- 11th Annual Jeep Show Benefit For Noyes Home
- Woodworkers Create Thousand-Dollar Piece for Noyes Home
- Noyes Home Celebrating 125 years
- Noyes Home Restores Stairwell to mark 125 years
- Chelsea Howlett, Ed Roberts And Ralph Alvarez Talk About The Noyes Home’s 125th Birthday
- Noyes Home – A Safe haven by Any Name
- Eugene Field Elementary Surprises The Noyes Home With Donation
- Student-illustrated book benefits local nonprofits March 4, 2017
- Noyes Home Has A New Director Febraury 24, 2017
- Causes for homeless children are man Febraury 17, 2017
- Sertoma’s 11th annual Turkey Trot November 2017
- Parkway Elementary School presentation to Noyes Home For Children October 2016
- Noyes Home block party brings in the country July 2016
- 2016 Fore The Lord Noyes Home Benefit Golf Tournament June 2016
- John Eberhart Playing Piano at Meadowview Senior Living May 2016
- Noyes Home Addresses Needs Outside of the Holidays (Video): December 10, 2014
- Noyes Home Emphasizes Family: December 5, 2014
- A New Life for the Noyes Home: April 23, 2014
- Noyes Home announces public phase of campaign: May 31, 2012
- Need persists for what Noyes Home offers kids: Aug.27, 2012
- St. Joseph woman draws purpose from a painful past: Aug. 18, 2012
- Noyes Home launches capital Campaign: Jan. 17, 2012
(photo source: St. Joseph News-Press)
- Noyes Home Sees Increase In Infants That Require Care
Part of a “normal” childhood is experiencing different events around the community and with siblings. The Noyes Home provides several opportunities throughout the year for the children and teens who live here, and we encourage individuals with ideas or talents to share to get involved in enriching a child’s life.
Recent events and annual events include:
- Noyes Home Community Garden: The children are raising their own garden and learning how to harvest and prepare the foods, such as zucchini and tomatoes.
- Chef Classes: A visiting chef from Columbia, Mo., is teaching the children about eating healthy with local foods, using recipes for the produce they have grown themselves in the on-site garden. Recently the children have made homemade pasta and zucchini bread!
- Basketball with MWSU: The MWSU basketball team comes regularly to shoot some hoops in a fun atmosphere with the children and teens who live at the Noyes Home.
- Holiday Celebrations: Many children and teens living at the Noyes Home remain with us during the holidays, and we want to create as many special memories as possible. Groups can provide holiday crafts, parties, special meals and gifts if they choose to help a child feel loved during this time of year. It is an incredibly rewarding experience!
Do You Have a Class You Could Offer? From photography and art to scrapbooking, sports, gardening and more, we’re open to ideas about offering great learning experiences to our residents. Is there something you or a group you’re in could come on-site and teach?
The support we receive from the generous St. Joseph community each year is much-appreciated. It sends the message to the children who call the Noyes Home their home that the community really does care about them. Local fundraisers given by people in the local community help raise awareness and financial support for the Noyes Home, as we have remained self-funded for more than a century.