Our Wish List
“Out of all the memories I have, it’s the memories of the people that really made the difference in my life. Caring staff, as well as the dedicated volunteers are some of the important people that helped shape me into the person I am today. I will always consider them family.”
– Phallen Ward, former resident and YWCA Women of Excellence nominee
Our Wish List includes volunteers at the Noyes Home, as well as specific items the children need.
Volunteers: We invite you to make a different in the lives of children and families in need by serving as a volunteer mentor or as a host family.
Mentors: Mentors spend special one-on-one time with the children who live at the Noyes Home, providing encouragement, friendship and opportunities for building a relationship that truly changes a child’s life.
Host Families: The Noyes Home helps provide happy memories for many of the children and teens who share a season with us, and host families are a very important element. As a host family, you can allow children living at the Noyes Home to experience “typical” family life on weekends or holidays.
Other Volunteer Needs:
- The Noyes Home welcomes volunteers for help with phone answering, reception, food service, housekeeping, and supervision with children.
- A volunteer application and background check is needed to become a volunteer.
- Because all children at Noyes Home attend school, if they are of school-age, tutoring is a great need – as well as help with sports, like any kind of games, kickball, basketball, etc … even group activities like Zumba are welcome events for volunteers to lead.
- Some volunteers help organize group activities, and help supply volunteers for events like an on-site carnival for the children.
- We are open to ideas and ways to help the children learn new skills. Recently, visiting chefs have come in to help the children work on recipes, gardening, or crafts. Do you have a class or workshop you could offer? Call us!
Services and Items We Need:
For more than a century, the Noyes Home has opened its doors to children and families in need of safety, shelter and time to solve life challenges. We truly appreciate the support of our generous community and friends, and invite you to share our wish list with groups you are involved with:
Examples of items the Noyes Home always needs:(Please call for specific details about any of these items).
- Socks, underwear
- Gift cards to Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, Kohl’s, Walgreens
- Clothing (new or gently used)
- Sports equipment
- Boy Scout uniforms, Girl Scout uniforms
- School supplies
- Diapers and toys for the Crisis Nursery (See Nursery Care Package list, it’s a great way to help!)